Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday, Oct. 10 WOW! I'm not sure I've been so mentally drained in a long time! I spent two full days in the Orientation program they give incoming associates and then launched into the program I'll be restarting. By Thursday night I was glad I was eating out with Bev before our tickets to AIDA at Tuacahn outdoor ampitheatre, because I've got to get a better system for dinner being ready at night when I roll in!

I work in the "Development Services" part of D.I. under a very fine young man named Trujillo Amy. He has a masters degree in psychology/ rehabilitation counseling. All aspects of training for the various certification programs on site are under his direction. So far I have been over to Dixie State College (testing center) and Southwest High School (Adult High School) Computer Study center and learned a lot more about resources available for preparation to take test. We will also have a study center at a nearby meetinghouse during extended lunch hours so that we can be of help to those who are limited in transportation. I made a flow chart to show the 3 Options for getting prepared and that led to an Email version (learned how to convert to a .pdf file) and will be attending the Monday devotional to make a presentation. So, I'm launched!!

I set up my own 1/2 hour personal study time on mission days (going to see how many times I can reread the BOM) and more goals to come, after the nap! Thanks for those of you who have sent encouraging notes...they are much appreciated!!!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I did it 10 times on my mission... how's that for a lofty goal. The differnce was reading a great book that you can't put down v. studying... it's a choice we all have to make! Just kidding!! I'm glad you're so happy.

Ashlee said...

Great job Margaret!